2023 Review of Parliamentary constituencies
The Boundary Commission for Scotland is an independent organisation responsible for reviewing UK Parliament constituency boundaries in Scotland.
The current review will conclude with our formal report and recommendations in June 2023, so we refer to it as the '2023 Review'. We will recommend 57 constituencies, two fewer than at present.
You can use this website to:
• view current constituency and local authority boundaries;
• view our proposals for new constituency boundaries;
• view responses submitted by others during the earlier consultation stages of this review;
• submit a response directly to us about our proposals (during a defined consultation period); and
• submit a comment directly to us, supporting or contesting a response from somebody else.
We are currently consulting until 5 December 2022 on our revised proposals for new constituencies. Our initial proposals for constituencies are still available to view here, along with the responses received from members of the public during the two consultation periods relating to those.